The explainer summarises the research in relation to effective remote learning and highlights key considerations for learning in the face of COVID-19.
The snapshots were produced when the majority of students in NSW were learning from home in order to provide examples of how learning could be continued from home. A number of common themes emerged across the snapshot schools, including:
- prioritising student equity, wellbeing and engagement
- strategic and flexible use of resources
- establishing clear expectations for all
- effective and regular communication
- understanding the local context and responding effectively
- drawing on collective expertise to build capacity and manage teacher workloads.
We are committed to providing accessible content for all users and are working towards providing these PDFs in more accessible formats. To request an accessible version, please contact us.