What works best in schools to improve student outcomes? This paper will look at the following seven themes from the growing bank of evidence.
1. Setting high expectations (5:32)
2. Using explicit teaching practices (15:30)
3. Providing effective feedback (23:33)
4. Using data to inform future practice (30:01)
5. Establishing and maintaining effective classroom management (38:00)
6. Supporting student wellbeing (43:35)
7. Engaging in effective professional collaboration (53:28)
This course focuses on the participant connecting educational theory and research with their context.
Mode of delivery: online
Accredited hours: 2
myPL course code: RG04031
Themes: high expectations, explicit teaching, effective feedback, use of data to inform practice, classroom management, wellbeing, collaboration