In the lead-up to the 2019 state election, the department’s website and other channels will operate in line with the caretaker conventions. This means there will be limited updates from 1 March 2019 until the election is finalised.
What works best in schools to improve student outcomes? This paper will look at the following seven themes from the growing bank of evidence.
1. Setting high expectations (5:32)
2. Using explicit teaching practices (15:30)
3. Providing effective feedback (23:33)
4. Using data to inform future practice (30:01)
5. Establishing and maintaining effective classroom management (38:00)
6. Supporting student wellbeing (43:35)
7. Engaging in effective professional collaboration (53:28)
This course focuses on the participant connecting educational theory and research with their context.
Mode of delivery: online
Accredited hours: 2
myPL course code: RG04031
Themes: high expectations, explicit teaching, effective feedback, use of data to inform practice, classroom management, wellbeing, collaboration